IBM are changing their HR Application for employees to join IBM Club on May 28th 2019. Up to May 27th there will continue to be the "You and IBM" tool for employees to apply to Club. From May 28th, IBM will be using the Workday application, (https://w3.ibm.com/workday/) instead. Employees will apply for membership to IBM Clubs themselves on the Workday tool. Employees will also use this application to change Club and cancel their membership.
If you just want to check to see if you are an IBM Club member take a look at your last pay slip. If you are a member then there will be an entry for "IBM CLUB". If you have other membership related questions please send them to:EmployeeClubMembership@uk.ibm.com
To join or leave IBM Club, or to change the local club to which you are affiliated, please send an e-mail to RetireeClubMembership@uk.ibm.com
As of October 6th 2017 Employee membership will cost 50p per week, taken directly from your salary. Membership covers the employee, a partner, spouse or nominated guest or friend and the employee's children up to 17 years of age.
If you retired, on a defined benefits pension, prior to April 2018 your Retiree membership is FREE! If you retired after April 2018 your membership fee will be £26 per year.
Membership covers the retiree, a partner, spouse or nominated guest or friend and the retiree's children up to 17 years of age.
Full definitions of membership eligibility can be found in Section 5 Membership and Schedule A - Membership Eligibility of the IBM UK Clubs Constitution, on the UK IBM Club website
Contractors & Complimentary Work Force Employees
IBM Club membership is not currently available to these groups of employees.
Currently there are 4 subsections within the IBM Club London West, each of which has specific subscription fees. The subsections are:-
- Theatre & Shows - Free
- 5-a-side Football - £5 per calendar year
- Sailing - £65 for windsurfers and boat helms that can use the equipment without supervision, and £40 for those still under instruction and need to be accompanied by a full member. Late season joiners to the section, October onwards, pay just £20 as the season can end shortly after depending on the weather.
- IBM Club Member prices are available to IBMers and IBM Retirees who are current members of the IBM Club AND their Spouse/Partner or a nominated Guest (in lieu of Spouse/Partner) AND members Children under 18 years of age.
- Members participate in events at their own risk. The IBM Club accepts no responsibility for your participation in any event.
- Requests for places on/tickets for events will be allocated on a first come first served basis, with the exception of limited supply events in which case we may operate a ballot.
- Places/tickets ordered and confirmed on your behalf by the IBM Club represent a commitment on your part to purchase the places/tickets if available. If you find that, after confirmation of places/tickets you are unavoidably unable to participate in an event, the IBM Club will do its best to offer your places/tickets to other interested parties but refunds are NOT guaranteed should the places/tickets remain unused.
- All places/tickets ordered must be paid for within 5 days of confirmation. If payment is not received within 5 working days the IBM Club reserve the right to cancel your reservation request and offer the places/tickets to other interested parties.
- Bank Transfer (BACS) is the preferred method of payment for places/tickets for events and details will be sent out with confirmation. Alternatively, cheques should be made payable to the “IBM CLUB LONDON WEST” with a description of the event on the reverse. If a cheque payment “bounces” you become liable for any bank charges levied on the IBM Club in addition to the full event payment.
- For ticketed events, tickets will be sent to the address provided by you. Please advise the IBM Club if you haven’t received your tickets 10 days prior to the event.
- Neither IBM nor the IBM Club are responsible for tickets that may get lost in the mail.