SHOWS DIARY 2019/20
Last Updated - 18th July
CLUB ADMINISTRATION TELE - 0208 8184677
FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY - 07984 964503
SHOWS SECTION NEWS & INFORMATION
ADDRESSES - Please remember to let me know if you change address as tickets are distributed to the address we have on file, thank you.
NEW(s) THIS WEEK:
Christmas at Kew - on a Sunday this year, see below.
4 tickets available for The Starry Messenger with Matthew Broderick - email me!
Need more interest in Towards Zero at The Mill at Sonning, it's a lunch theatre event at a lovely venue - email me!
And don't forget to book for The Prince of Egypt!
I (Paul) am out of the office next week, with limited access to email, back online 30th July and will reply to emails then.
SHOWS/EVENTS I WILL BE INVESTIGATING:
RSC Events at The Barbican - Measure for Measure
The Ocean at the End of the Lane - at the Dorfman
Another date for Cursed Child
The End of History
Singing in the Rain
UPDATES: For new shows I will show the seats I have been allocated at time of reservation, but please note these could change if I have to add more, or at the time I make payment.
Note: On some events where tickets maybe limited and we are over subscribed we will instigate a ballot for the tickets.
Note: We may have to set a cut-off in which we only proceed if we sell 6 or more tickets for any show.
We tried a "Red Package" offering at an Ambassador theatre for Mary Stuart, which gave access to a lounge for pre-theatre drink & nibbles (included) and for use at the interval. This was well received, so I will be looking to do it again.
I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for the Killer Joe tickets last night, not only was the play absolutely gripping and brilliant, I got to meet the main man after the show. I have been a fan since I was 15 so it literally was a dream come true that I got to meet him. And not just that, I am a massive Gavin & Stacey fan and I also got to meet the Dave Coaches - Steffan Rhodri.
Feedback & Reviews:
Feedback on Totem:
I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for the fantastic Totem tickets last week. We had a fabulous view and the show was out of this world. Obviously if we had gone on the Thursday we would have seen royalty - Harry & Meghan but you can't have it all :-) Thanks again to you, and the Club for organising, my husband and I really had a great night & it brightened up a cold bleak January.
Just a big thank you for organising tickets to Cirque du Soleil. The show was awesome, so many amazing circus acts - all of which were brilliant.
The seats for CdSoleil were excellent. We had a wonderful view. Thank you very much for arranging.
Feedback on Christmas at Kew:
I wanted to say thank you so much for getting us tickets for the Christmas lights at Kew - it was spectacular and we really enjoyed the experience. There were many highlights, but the projection show onto a screen made from water over the pond was breathtaking. I would definitely recommend this to anyone (although I believe it is now sold out for this year - good work for getting them well ahead of time).
Here is one of the photos I took which you can use on the website if you want. This was called The Cathedral of Light I think.
Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
DATE - SHOW
27/07/19 - Body Worlds
03/08/19 - Toast
06/08/19 - The Starry Messenger
13/08/19 - Joseph
04/09/19 - Cursed Child P1 & 2
07/09/19 - Evita
11/09/19 - Cursed Child P1 & 2 (extra date)
21/09/19 - Towards Zero
01/10/19 - Adrian Mole, The Musical
10/10/19 - Big the Musical
21/11/19 - White Christmas
08/12/19 - Christmas at Kew
25/01/20 - Tutankhamun: Treasures of the Golden Pharoah
13/02/20 - Leopoldstadt
22/02/20 - The Prince of Egypt
Sunday 8th December @ 17.40 (Timed entrance)
Ticket Price: £21.50 (Adult) £13.00 (Child 4-16) Club Price £15.00/£8.50 U4's Free.
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Friday 30th August.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year as our sparkling after dark trail returns to light up Kew Gardens.
A magical new route
Now in its seventh year, the 2019 winter trail takes a magical new route and includes a host of all-new installations.
Thursday 13th February 2020 @ 19.30
Ticket Price: £75.00 Club Price £48.00
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Wednesday 31st July.
Vienna in 1900 was the most vibrant city in Europe, humming with artistic and intellectual excitement and a genius for enjoying life. A tenth of the population were Jews. A generation earlier they had been granted full civil rights by the Emperor, Franz Josef.
Full details about the play can be found here=> LEOPOLDSTADT
THE STARRY MESSENGER
Tuesday 6th August @ 19.30
Ticket Price: £67.50 Club Price £44.00
BOOKINGS CLOSED: BUT 4 TICKETS AVAILABLE
Mark Williams is lost. An astronomer at New York City's Planetarium, he feels a closer connection to the infinite, starry sky than to his job or even to his wife, Anne. Mark doesn't believe in fate or divine intervention, but the universe has other ideas. Matthew Broderick makes his West End debut in a limited run.
Full details about the play can be found here=> STARRY
MILL AT SONNING
Saturday 21st September @ 12.00*
Ticket Price: £51.00 Club Price £42.00
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Wednesday 21st August
"When you read the account of a murder, real or imagined, you usually begin with the murder itself," said the big Inspector Battle. "That's all wrong. The murder belongs a long time beforehand. A murder is the culmination of a lot of different circumstances all converging at a given time at a given point. It's Zero Hour."
Thursday 10th October @ 19.30
Ticket Price: £88.25 (inc. fees) Club Price £75.00
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Wednesday 24th July.
SAATCHI GALLERY (Kings Road)
Saturday 25th January 2020 @ 11.00
Ticket Price: £31.35 Adult/£21.45 U12 (inc. fees) Club Price £25.00 Adult/£17.00 U12
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Friday 25th October
Saturday 22nd February 2020 @ 14.30
Ticket Price: £75.25 (inc. fees) Club Price £62.50
BOOKINGS CLOSE: Thursday 25th July.
TERMS & CONDITIONS : PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The IBM Club Member prices are available to the IBM Club Member AND their spouse/partner OR one other accompanied adult guest PLUS members' children under the age of 18 accompanied by the IBM Club Member. If additional places are available then up to two non-members can attend at the Non-Club member price.
- Bookings open as soon as this document is distributed. Tickets should be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The availability and price of tickets is outside the control of The Club.
- Subsection membership does not guarantee a ticket.
- Bank Transfer (BACS) is the preferred method of payment for tickets and details will be sent out with confirmation of tickets. Alternatively, cheques should be made payable to the “IBM CLUB LONDON WEST” with details of the show on the reverse.
- The IBM Club London West’s finances operate autonomously from IBM. Its cash flow is important to the continuing funding of the Club. If payment is delayed it reduces the ability of the Club to fund future events, therefore PROMPT payment is essential, and WITHIN 1 WEEK OF TICKET CONFIRMATION.
- Persistent slow payers may find themselves unable to purchase tickets unless their money is produced BEFORE confirmation of the booking.
- If your cheque “bounces” you become liable for the bank charges levied on the Club in addition to the full payment.
- Tickets will be sent to you at the address requested by yourself. Please advise if you have not received your tickets ten days prior to the event.
- Neither IBM or the IBM Club are responsible for tickets that are lost through the mail.
- A request for tickets represents an agreement on your part to purchase tickets if available. The Club cannot accept any responsibility for changes to your own requirements and all tickets ordered for must be paid for, whether collected or not.
- Please use the Club's external Email ID: email@example.com for all communications.